Atlantis Word Processor Review and Discount
Short of actually publishing a book through the iBookStore from Atlantis, our initial review indicates the Atlantis Word Processor (AWP) to be a great authoring or finishing environment for documents destined for the .epub format.
Notes of interest:
- AWP only handles pictures as an inline text object, which is GREAT for .epub development. Although that might sound like a negative for the average word processor document where one might need to wrap text around a picture, the fact is, many authors have a real problem getting pictures to be set inline with their text making pictures show up in the wrong places.
- Modifying Paragraph styles is a little hard to get to at first. That is until you discover the paragraph style menu icons.
- The only formatting that failed to arrive from an opened MS-Word .doc was paragraph first line indents. Once corrected within Atlantis, the formatting including the first line indents saved properly to the .epub format.
We request that authors who have any issues with publishing submissions using AWP to take screen shots of any errors they get and contact us to help pass that info along.
Windows from 95-to-7 (I know, maybe it's a secret MS countdown)
Supported Input Formats:
- Rich Text Format documents (RTF)
- MS Word 6.0/95/97/2000/XP/2003 documents (DOC)
- MS Word 2007 documents (DOCX)
- OpenDocument documents (ODT)
- Atlantis Encrypted Documents (COD)
- MS Write documents (WRI)
- Plain text documents (TXT)
Initial Summary Findings:
Atlantis Word Processor has earned the right to be acknowledged as the first word processor (we have found so far) to do the job for authors and publishers wanting to save books directly to the .epub format.
Discount Coupon Codes
Email a discount code to: support@AtlantisWordProcessor.com for $10 off.